Follow Us

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Product Review - Athletic Greens


I love swag! Every time I go to a race or a conference, I get so excited to see what kind of treasures are in the goody bag.

Our goody bags from the fitness retreat were awesome. We had a shaker bottle, a kettle bell training book, head band, jerky, granola, protein drink packets, protein pancake mix and several other things. It was the best goody bag I've ever scored!

We also had a packet of Athletic Greens. I have used green drink powder before so this one piqued my curiosity. The package says that it is a Superfood Cocktail. It is also a whole food dietary supplement. The back of the packet says "100% FOCUS ON HAPPINESS." Sounds good. I like happiness.

The website is nice and shows all the happy smiling faces and says that you can get up to 12 servings of fruits and vegetables in one serving. Oh my goodness, TWELVE SERVINGS! This is either the best day ever or I'm going to be stuck in the potty for a long time.

Since I'm forever the guinea pig, I opened that sample and shook it up with my shaker bottle. It is definitely green.

The smell test - blech! Smells funny. 

The taste test - Blaaaeeecchh! Tastes worse than it smells.



That is some nasty stuff. I make green drinks from blending up several green veggies and as I wouldn't classify them as delicious, they aren't bad. Athletic Greens were BAD and not in a good way. That being said, I drank them up because hey they have 12 servings of fruits and veg! 

So in my opinion, pass on the Athletic Greens and blend up your own green drink. Here is a little recipe you might like to try. I can guarantee it will taste better than Athletic Greens.

Green Drink
1 Celery Stalk - try to take the strings off
1 apple cored
Handful of frozen spinach
Juice of 1 lemon
Enough water to cover ingredients

Blend and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?