Follow Us

Monday, July 29, 2013

First Official CrossFit Workout


 Today I stepped into a Crossfit box (gym) for the first time. I was nervous but it is something I've been wanting to do for a while now. So in the spirit of stepping out of my comfort zone, I did it! Here is what it looked like.


We warmed up and then started with a little Clean and Jerk lifting at 45 lbs and progressed up to 75lbs. Easy peasy.


WOD (Workout Of the Day)
21-15-9-3 (10lb. dumbbells) (the numbers represent how many repetitions you complete of each exercise )

Walking Lunges
Renegade Rows 
Dumbbell Sit Ups

My Time : 5:05

Then we did 50yd. waiter carries with a 20lb. dumbbell and a 50 yd. farmer carrier with two 20lb dumbbells.

This is fun stuff you all! It may sound horrible but it is so engaging that you lose track of the pain. It's you against the clock and you switch exercises and reps often enough that it keeps you from getting bored. 

Now in all fairness, my time was fast due to the lite weight. I should have done 20lb. dumbbells however since it was my first time in their gym, the coach wanted me to stay lite.

This kind of workout is a lot of what I've been doing for 6 months. Short intense workouts. And let me tell you, it works like a charm to build fitness.

It's my intention to try this out for a month to see how my body reacts to the work. If it becomes to much and aggravates my RAD, then I'll go back to what I was doing prior. Time will tell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?