Follow Us

Thursday, March 27, 2014

PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Almost 5 Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie





Ooooo, y’all I found a good one. 

You know how you are scrolling around and you find a great recipe and think, oh I really need to make this one. You keep reading and jumping around and before you know it, you’ve forgotten the recipe, the site it was on and then all hope is lost. 

Well I’m happy to report, that didn’t happen this time.  

PaleOMG has a fabulous Pizza Spaghetti Pie recipe. I loved it, my husband loved it and it passed the kid test as well. 

I did make a couple of changes to the recipe. 

First, I didn’t use jar sauce. I did use canned tomato sauce but I combined it with sautéed onion, red bell pepper and finely chopped kale. I also added about 4 large cloves of garlic. We love garlic in the FitBit household. A little salt and Italian seasoning and you have a luscious tomato sauce with extra veg in it.
Secondly, I cheated the strict Paleo route and added about ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese to the top. And not that nasty green canned stuff. Use the yummy honest-to-goodness Parmigiano .
And thirdly, I doubled the recipe to have left overs. However, no need to get 2 squash. 1 medium size beauty will do.
 
Best recipe find in a while. It’s filling, tasty and great as leftovers (and I’m a leftover snob.)

Ok, so be sure to mark this because you'll want to try it.



  PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Almost 5 Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?